Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thirty-one...derful Years!

There's something about a holiday or special day that makes me all reminisceful and before I know it I'm taking a trip down memory lane!  So yesterday, Scott and I celebrated our 31st anniversary.  It really wasn't much of a celebration since the special day feel on a Monday and we decided to postpone our "date" to this weekend, but it stirred in me some good memories of when I first met Scott over 31 years ago.  I simply had to pull out an old journal and read a bit about how head over heels I was of that good-looking guy!!  And guess what...I'm still feeling the same way!!


 I came across my "traits of my future husband" list and it made me smile.  Scott was, and still is, everything I have ever wanted.  He is always looking out for me and doing sweet little somethings to make my life easier.  Sometimes I feel ashamed because I fail to notice everything he is doing for me.  He's just the best guy around.  How did I ever get so lucky?

So about that list...here it is...


  • Active in the Church - has a testimony - is a "RM"
  • Will talk to me
  • Listens
  • Can laugh
  • Willing to work
  • Demonstrates patience - doesn't let small things upset him.
  • Loves children
  • Want what's best for me - will want to make me happy.
  • Shows an interest in people - gets along well in groups.
  • Responsible
  • Respects my parents and shows a love for them.
  • Pleases my parents.
 I often wonder if Scott ever had a "list" of his future wife.  Ooo...maybe I don't want to know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment