Every Wednesday (well, almost every Wednesday) I get to watch and play with Jonas for as long as my schedule permits. Clint has an early morning college class on Wednesday morning, so I leave Brigham City around 5:30 a.m. in order to make it to Magna before 6:45 p.m. That gives me a few minutes to say hello to Stephanie before she leaves for work and allows enough time for Clint not to have to worry if his Mother-in-Law is going to make it there before it's time for him to leave for the U.
Jonas is usually already up and fed and enjoying the company of his Mom and Dad, so when he sees me come through the door it usually creates an instant fade to his smile. Sure, he loves me, but I'm pretty sure he loves his Mom and Dad more! Fortunately, he warms up to me after a few minutes and he's quickly playing with toys.
The best moment though...every now and then as I sat beside him while he played with toys, he would turn, crawl up on my lap, give me the most loveable "luv" by nestling his head on my chest, and then he was off again! It was like he was saying, "Thanks for being here with me...I love you!" Now that's enough to make a grandmother's heart melt!! And mine did!
It makes my heart melt too every time he does it to me too! What a sweety!
ReplyDelete