Sometimes my life becomes a whirlwind! I love to be busy! And I love doing things with my family. You'll never find me during the day sitting in front of a TV watching a soap opera or stupid sit com. Instead, I love filling my life with opportunities of being involved. I especially love it when I can be doing something that will help someone else. And when I finish with one project I instantly start planning the next!
Because I love to be busy, I fear my poor husband gets recruited into things he never volunteered for. For example...
 |
| Wood project ideas that Scott helped me construct |
Last Saturday, November 8, I served on staff at Baden Powell University - an optional scout training for Adults to give them ideas to enhance their scouting calling. This is the second year I've had the opportunity to serve on staff...I guess they figure if you've been involved in scouting for 10+ years you must love it. For some reason, I do love it although it is a lot of work. But it all becomes worth it when someone tells me thanks for sharing my ideas and helps. (I must admit - all my ideas come from other's great ideas I glean from the internet...I just "Show & Tell" them.) I benefit from the training too because my portion only takes two hours and the rest of the day I get to attend classes too. Well, Scott was helping me saw 1x4s and construct wood projects until 11:30 pm the night before. Did he complain? Not once. He just hugs and kisses me and tells me what a crazy women he has and then he asks if he can keep me. What a sweet guy, right? And I'm often not deserving because I'm tired and stressed.
 |
| Beef Enchiladas...they were soooo good. |
This past week I had the pleasure of spending a little time with my daughter Stephanie and her two cute little kids (my adorable grandkids). I went down and spent the night at her house on Tuesday, and then she and her kids came and spent the night at our house on Wednesday. Poor Scott became the neglected man of the house I fear. Friday morning I had my monthly Story Time session at the Fine Arts Center so Thursday night Scott was making me "Tin Can Stilts" to go with one of my stories. Then Friday morning he popped me up a batch of popcorn for me before he headed to work since I hadn't had time the night before (I was making caramel popcorn balls for the story time treat). Taking off extra days at work means I have to work longer days when I return, so after the story time I headed to work and worked until 6 pm. That night when I walked in the door at 6:15 pm he had dinner coming out of the oven. What a nice surprise! I was so tired and so hungry - how did he know? And I didn't even mention he brought me in Idle Isle chocolates for a small work snack! He is my lifesaver! I could fill my blog with all the sweet little things he does for me! (Did I mention the bike lights he bought and installed for me on Monday so I'd be safe riding my bike to work in the dark mornings?!)
.jpg) |
| My new bike headlight |
.jpg) |
| Tail Light :) |
He makes my heart so full! I often shake my head and say, "How did I ever get so lucky to snatch that guy up?" It was definitely divine intervention.
So I say...when I count my blessings, I count him 100 times. How'd I ever get soooo blessed?!
What a sweet wife I have, don't let her fool you she does just as much for me if not more. I am just trying to even up the score a little for all she does for me. Yes she is crazy just a little for all she VOLUNTEERS for but she wouldn't enjoy life if she didn't!! I love her any way! xxxxxxxxxxoooooooooo
ReplyDeleteYa, did is a good guy. :) I'd keep him. Ha ha! You two are so cute. I love that you guys just serve each other and don't complain. That's awesome!
ReplyDeleteI mean DAD is a good guy. Goodness. :)
ReplyDelete