Jessica seems to be my total music girl. Even her email address expresses her love for music as it starts with "musicachica". Since she was young she had the desire to play the flute (perhaps from attending all those band concerts of her older brothers) and I must admit...she plays beautifully. Despite having only a few years of piano lessons, Jessica can play the piano quite well too. And this year she threw a little surprise into her muscial abilities and decided in December that it was her dream to be in the concert choir at Box Elder High School. Now, deciding in December that you want to be in choir is a little late in the game, but Mrs. Bigler had had a sneak peek of Jessica's talents and let her in without even an audition! (I suppose all that spontaneous singing during the pit practices of the "Joseph" play paid off.) Jessica was thrilled to be in!
Jessica is loving choir...she loves the class, the students, Mrs. Bigler, and mostly the music! A few days ago Mrs. Bigler told Jessica, "Putting you in choir is one of the best things I have ever done". Now that's enough to make anyone's day!! (Including me!)
Two Christmas's ago, Cody bought Jessica a saying to put on her bedroom wall; it said "Music is not what I do, it's who I am." It fits her to a T!
No comments:
Post a Comment