Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hooray for Craft Day!!

We all need a day just for us, right?  Thanks to my daughter Tiffany, I have that day to look forward to on the last Friday of each month.  Hooray!!

This year, Tiffany and I both set a goal to have a craft day once a month.  But things like that don't just happen...you have to make it happen and we're doing our best.  We each arrange for the day off work and then try not to schedule any appointments.  Then, when the day arrives and breakfast is finished, the day is ours!!  (Well, the morning hours at least!)

On Friday, January 27, 2012, we had our first official "Craft Day" and it was awesome!!  Good fun, good company and good times.  Now, Tiffany is quite the crafty one and she is always getting ideas of new things to make and do through "Pinterest" and probably a bunch of other websites.  But me...I use to be a crafty one but lately my love is scrapbooking and that was my fun for the day.  I hadn't scrapbooked for so long it was like running into a long lost friend! Tiffany joined me in my scrapbooking fun by doing some pages herself but she also continued into the evening (after attending a work inservice meeting) creating crocheted flowers which totally bloomed at her touch.  She has the amazing talent to crochet anything and it always turns out beautiful. 

Unfortunately, my craft day ended all too early, but that was my fault - I volunteered my services at the Fine Arts Center that afternoon/evening for a few hours - but my six hours of scrapbooking paradise was heavenly!!

Needless to say...I loved the day!  And the pictures brought back such fun memories (I'm scrapbooking pics from our family cruise we took in November 2010...Oh, such good times!!)


So...I'm on a countdown...just 11 more days and another craft day will be here!  I can't wait!!  This time I think I'll just do one scrapbook page because Tiffany is helping me with a project for next Christmas.  (That's right, Christmas, I have to start early or it will never happen!)

1 comment: