Monday, October 27, 2014

Golden Eggs?!

Since when did chickens start laying golden eggs?!

I only had one egg left in the refrigerator today so I stopped at the grocery store on my way home from work to pick up a dozen.  Ouch!  $1.99 for a dozen eggs?!  $2.79 for 18!  When did the price of eggs get so high?  I can still remember buying those little beauties for .69 cents a dozen.
Or is it golden chickens laying the eggs?!
Aww...the good old days!  Guess that means I'm really getting old since my days are becoming the good old days!  Oh dear!! :(

2 comments:

  1. That is exactly why I don't buy eggs at walmart. Way overpriced! At Winco they are usually 1.78 or so for 18 eggs. About .09 cents per egg. Better deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and welcome back to the blogging world. :) At least for a bit, right? Until you get crazy busy again. :)

    ReplyDelete