This morning my youngest daughter hopped in her “piece”
of a car and headed off for college…well, sort-of…she officially can’t move
into her apartment until Saturday but with marching band practices for the next
six days straight from sun up to sun down we’re counting her as “off for
college”. She’ll be back for one night but
thank goodness for good friends who are willing to let her camp out at their
apartment for a few nights. And we’re
hoping to get her into her apartment early but that’s all dependent on the
apartment managers and how fast they can clean.
She’s a happy freshman looking forward to new opportunities and I’m glad
to let her fly on her own now. (Although
I’m certainly going to miss her!)
My husband and I are a little at odds with ourselves. Thank goodness we’ve kept our marriage a
little alive during the past 29 years with kids – at least I don’t look at him
across the table and think “Who are you?!”
Instead, I’m getting a few butterflies in my stomach thinking of this
new type of freedom we’ve suddenly inherited and in our minds I think we’re
both starting to make “date” plans to make up for all those Friday nights we
forfeited for kid’s activities. Suddenly
being an empty nester doesn’t sound so sad!!
So here’s the deal…I thought it would be fun to do “My
first 365 days as an empty nester” and just see where this “empty nester”
syndrome takes us. I’m hoping for some
pretty enjoyable days and some pretty nice nights too! ;) Now don’t get me wrong…I’m not expecting
something fantastic every day,(or night) but even a nice visit from my
good-looking mailman while at work just
makes my day! And life isn’t always a
bed of roses, so I’m sure I’ll have some pretty boring posts too!
So let’s fly!!
So let’s fly!!
No comments:
Post a Comment