Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Counting Blessings: Replacing Sally

Counting Blessings:  A New Car...at least it's new for us!

After 20+ years of good service, Scott and I decided it was time to put Sally (that's our car in case you're wondering) to rest.

On July 9 while I was driving to Tiffany's house to bring her and Jeremy dinner, Sally decided to die on Highway 89 and Jeremy had to come rescue me.  Sheesh!  Here I was trying to help them out and they end up having to help me!  But that's how it has been for Sally lately - about every two months something breaks down on her...we figured we were putting more money into her than she was worth!

So tonight Scott and I went car shopping.  To be honest, I was dreading the whole thing!  The thought of traveling all over town (and out of town), getting in and out of hundreds of cars, and listening to high pressure salesmen just didn't appeal to me.  But low and behold, our shopping experience lasted perhaps one hour...thanks to Scott who has been doing research and homework on KSL.com and Kelly Blue Book for many hours after work each night.  Posted on KSL.com just last night was this 2005 Chevy Malibu.  It had all the features we wanted and it pretty much fell within our price range...with a little bargaining.  And it was being sold right here in Brigham City at the Hansen dealership just a hop, skip and jump away from our home!  Sweet!

Hopefully it will be a good ride for us for at least 10 years or more! Ya, I realize it's almost 10 years old now, but it appears to be in really good condition.  (Cross your fingers!)  I bring it back in on Friday for some minor fix-ups and detail since it was just barely traded in this past Saturday...ya, it hadn't even made it on the lot yet!

1 comment: