After a week of misery and pain, my daughter Tiffany finally got to welcome her new little baby boy into this world! He's such a sweet little thing. And Tiffany let me be there to see the birth which was a really neat experience for me! Having your own babies is one thing...pushing, sweating, and just wanting the whole thing over! But seeing a birth outside your own is the coolest experience ever! It's like witnessing a miracle right before your eyes! I must admit though, little Jefferson gave us a scare!
Scott and I got a text from Jeremy at 10:45 pm last night saying Tiffany was in the hospital again. I figured there was no way they would send her home this time (she had already been sent home three times previous!) because Jeremy had told me she was dilated between a 5-6 and she had been 100% effaced for days! Scott and I had just gotten into bed when we got the text so Scott called Jeremy to get the details. Yes, she was staying and she already had her epidural and was finally feeling pain free! Hooray for epidurals, right?!
Jeremy said I could probably come up in four hours or he'd call us if anything happened sooner. Well, I lay there in my bed for probably five minutes and decided I was heading up to the hospital...NOW! Babies are highly unpredictable and no way was I going to miss seeing this little guy born! I may never have the opportunity again since both of my other daughters are highly modest and would totally be embarrassed to have me watch them giving birth! ;) And Tiffany was letting me take pictures!!
![]() |
| Finally! A break from all the pain! |
What a trooper Tiff was! And what an awesome pusher! Within 30 minutes she had that little guy out...and Jeremy got to help deliver him too! How cool is that?! And then Jefferson thought he'd pull his very first prank in life...he didn't breathe! The doctor laid Jefferson on Tiffany's tummy like they always do, I guess, but after a minute or so the doctor could tell something was wrong and quickly called over the baby specialist..."He's not responding" was all I remember the doctor saying. Within seconds of Tiffany's doctor handing him off to the "baby nurses", the room was swarming with specialists all doing their part to get Jefferson breathing. As I clicked away taking pictures, that little guy seemed to turn bluer and bluer by the second. Finally a breathing tube was inserted and he seemed to instantly turn pink! Thank heaven! And I could finally breathe too!! And thank heaven for all those qualified medical specialists who knew just what to do! I'm still amazed how they all suddenly appeared within seconds! Did they send out a "code blue" or something??
Poor Tiffany only got to touch that little guy for a few seconds as he lay on her tummy right after birth. Once they got him breathing and stable, they wrapped him up, took him over to Tiffany, she gave him a kiss and then they whisked him off to the transition nursery. Jeremy got to go with him, but only him.
It was the sweetest thing ever when Jeremy came back into the labor room...he had tears in his eyes...his little boy was going to be okay!
Scott rode the bus up to the hospital after he got off work, and Jason and Anna came up to visit too which was another blessing because Scott and Jason were able to give Jefferson a blessing. It was so nice they came up!
So there you have it! So many blessings today!! Now we have two special birthdays to celebrate on July 11 - Jason and Jefferson - my two "J-boys"!
Happy Birthday Jason!! Happy Birthday Jefferson!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
+(800x800).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
.jpg)
That is such a crazy birth story, though. He's so sweet!
ReplyDelete