I decided it was time to try a new recipe. After all, my daughter Stephanie is cooking up a storm of healthy new recipes (you can take a peek here) so I guess it inspired me to try something new too. Too bad I wasn't feeling in a healthy mood too, but I know if I tried one of her recipes Scott would have turned up his nose!!
So tonight I cooked up some Italian Breaded Porkchops. They tasted pretty good and I did brown them in healthy coconut oil so can that count as being healthy?
But best of all...tonight Scott also cooked up (for the second time) his "new" recipe that he discovered online - Chocolate Sour Cream Bread. Oh my, it's to die for! He made it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and we both feel in love with it! Tonight I begged him to make some more and he was very willing to do so!
Here's the recipe: (You'll fall in love with it!)
Chocolate Sour Cream Bread
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 3/4 cups all-purpose
flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4-1 cup chocolate chips
(optional...but they make it soooo yummy!)
Instructions:
Cream butter and sugar
together. Add in eggs and sour cream, beating until smooth and creamy. Add in
dry ingredients and mix until all combined. Stir in Chocolate chips. Spoon
batter into a well-greased loaf pan, Gently tap pan on counter to remove any
large air bubbles. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes, until
toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let bread rest in pan for 20
minutes before removing to cool completely.
+(800x600).jpg)
+(600x800).jpg)
+(800x600).jpg)
I totally pinned the bread recipe. :) I'll have to try it sometime. But then that means I have to buy sour cream. Maybe I won't. You'll have to make it for me. Ha ha!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure your dad won't mind! ;)
Delete