In a matter of 30-40 minutes, I was officially kicked out of the 10-year colonoscopy club! (Here I'm having a temper tantrum) I DON'T want to be in the 5-yr club!! It's not fair! (kick and scream!) I'm suppose to be in the 10-year club...you can't make me!!
(Tantrum over) Ya, thanks to a polyp found during my "once every 10 years colonoscopy", I now qualify for screenings every five years. Ugh!!
+(800x451).jpg) |
Mmm...veinious food!!
And Laurie (the nurse), she was excellent!! |
Now the colonoscopy itself wasn't bad...I loved how I just fell asleep not even realizing it (that's how I want to pass aways when my time comes...just so you all know) and waking back up safe and warm in the hospital room. But the prep before hand was complete misery! I survived the first round of bowel cleaning fluid fairly well which began at 6:00 p.m. last night, but at 2:00 a.m. this morning when I started the second round...well, that was a different story. I got the bowel cleaning fluid down in 10 minutes but to get the 32 oz. of water down within an hour after that was near impossible. At 2:50 a.m. I still had a good 8 oz. left and I've never despised water so much in my entire life! As I sat there looking at it, my stomach churned and the thought process in my mind kept replaying the medications instructions "You MUST drink two 16 oz. of water within the next hour." At 2:55 a.m. I forced the last 8 ounces in. At 3:00 a.m. I threw it all up! Whoever came up with that bowel prep kit must have been insane!!
Luckily for me, I guess the medication had been inside me long enough...at least the doctor still performed the surgery. The thoughts of repeating that prep in five years gives me nightmares though.
My boss at work said she got to take a pill when she had her colonoscopy. I'm insisting on the pill next time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment