Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 190 (Empty Again) - One Happy Girl

Our newest missionary all ready to go!!
It's so crazy how quickly time flies!  It seems like it was just a short time ago when the Church announced the age change for missionaries and my daughter nearly exploded with joy!  And now today Scott and I dropped her off at the MTC.

I've never seen Jess so excited or happier!  She said she felt like Glitch in the movie "Wreak It Ralph" when she's describing how excited she is to be able to race...how her stomach was doing flip flops and she almost felt like she could puke.  Jessica's stomach was indeed doing flip flops of excitement!!  I asked her if she felt like she was going to throw up and she said maybe a little but not bad enough to really throw up...she just couldn't believe the time had finally come!

Let me just say, Jessica has some awesome siblings too!  Everyone one of them visited or contacted her today to say a final goodbye, we love you, and you will be awesome!  Tiffany and Jeremy showed up at 7:00 a.m. for a final visit (thanks Jeremy!), Stephanie called (on Scott's phone of course...Jess gave hers up last night at 8:50 p.m.), Cody texted a sweet message (on Scott's phone too!), and Jason took an early lunch and met up with us in Salt Lake for his last goodbye wish and hug.  Jessica totally felt loved.  She said, "I have the best siblings ever!"

We arrived at the MTC "parking lot" for five minutes of last-minute hugs and kisses and then loaded back in the car to the drive across the street for her 12:45 p.m. drop off, (along with hundreds of other families..or so it seemed!)  Today the MTC welcomed 327 sister missionaries and 420 Elders!!  Talk about an army of God!!  The Lord is truly sending our his last call of servants to work in His vineyard!!

As for me...I'm feeling a little emotionally drained, but I survived without a single tear!  I promised Jessica I wouldn't cry (she didn't want me to start her and Dad crying), so I only choked up a few times and she had to read my lips when I said "I Love You", because the words just wouldn't come out!  Aw man!  I'm going to miss that girl, but yet there's no other place I'd rather have her be!  Besides, 18 months will pass by like a dream...right?

One last picture :)


No comments:

Post a Comment