Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 75 (Empty Nestering) - My Awesome Caregiver!

Today Scott went back to work.  After seven full days of waiting on me hand and foot, I'm pretty sure Scott was looking forward to the break.

Me...honestly, I'm feeling a little lonely!  I really got spoiled with his company 24/7!  Scott was the most awesome caregiver ever!!  When I wanted to get up, he was instantly by my side!  If I looked in the least bit "needy", he was asking me what I wanted or needed.  He kept track of my medications, covered me with blankets when I slept and served me all my meals on a silver platter (well, not really silver, but with that kind of service!!)  He reminded me of the genie in Aladdin...poof, yes master; poof, what can I get you master; poof, whatever you say master...yup, he was amazing!  I honestly don't know what I ever did to deserve having him in my life, but whatever it was, I'm glad I did it!!

So today without his help, I managed to make a birthday card, take a walk across the street to mail the card (that was a feat!!  It took forever to not have any cars coming both ways to where I felt confidant to WALK across!!), write nine thank you notes, warm up my lunch, and put in my own eye drops!!  Yes, I'm making it on my own, but I still wish he were here to keep me company!!

And the best thing today!...Scott took me out to Twizlberries!!  I look at it as a reward for spending seven full days face down!!  He probably looks at it as a reward for serving me for seven full days!!  Either way you look at it...Twizlberries tasted awesome!!


No comments:

Post a Comment