Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 99 (Empty Nestering) - USU Holiday Closure Concert



Tonight I realized just how much I've loved listening to my kids play in the school bands for the past 7 years. Scott and I attended Utah State University's Symphonic Band Holiday Concert tonight and a flood of memories over powered me as I listened to them play Sleigh Ride.  Oh, what days!!  I know my kids all hate that song (at least the band playing ones) but oh how I love that song!!  Every Christmas that song was included in the high school band concert and it was usually directed by a special guest...yup, Santa Claus himself!!  Isn't it great the power music has on the senses?!  In just a seconds time it can pull up a memory several years old!


USU's "Holiday Closure" concert was sooo enjoyable!  And Jessica earned the distinguished honor of first chair!  Of course she says all of the "really good" musicians are in the Symphonic Orchestra, but I stand to bicker!  The songs were beautiful and very entertaining!  And that first chair flutist...a total knockout!!

Concert goers...Scott Heninger, Kelvin Bloxham, Scott, Me (and Jessica of course!  She had to be there!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment