Today Stephanie turned 27 years old. She says she's old! (Ha! She doesn't know what old is!!) She received a most unusual gift for her birthday...a snowman!! And she was thrilled! Now I'm sure a couple of years ago a snowman would have been no big deal, but this was Jonas' first snowman...hence the thrill of it all. And they waited for me to get there so I could witness the whole "first snowman" event!
 |
| A Birthday Snowman |
 |
| Snowball fight? |
I had a Girl Scout cookie manager meeting in Salt Lake this morning which gave me the perfect opportunity to visit Stephanie and Clint afterwards. This past week, Stephanie and Clint celebrated both their birthdays, they call it "Clintaniegra"...For one week, they are both the same age! So in honor of their birthdays, I treated them to Cafe Rio for lunch! But we built the snowman first because Jonas was getting tired, and then Stephanie and I picked up lunch while Clint put Jonas down for a nap.
 |
| Fascinated with melting snowflakes!! |
It was sooo fun watching Jonas play in the snow! He smiled at me showing him how to catch snowflakes on his tongue, and he was fascinated watching the snowflakes melt on the cement. The cutest thing ever was when he totally used all his senses to explore this new discovery of snow...there he was looking at this huge snowball and then slowly he moved closer and closer and then stuck out his tongue and licked it! We burst out laughing. It must have tasted pretty good because he did it a couple more times!! (Don't worry, the snow was beautifully white!) It was so cute seeing how he noticed all the little things that we tend to forget.
 |
| Taste Test? |
And guess what?! I think Stephanie has finally converted me to digital scrapbooking. She gave me a crash course today while Jonas was napping. It was soooo awesome! Now I just want to scrapbook!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment