Sunday, December 8, 2013

Counting Blessings: It's All About Time

Today's Blessing:  My Family, what else!!

Can I just say "I Love My Family!"

We had our combined FHE tonight at Jason and Anna's home.  They made our traditional "Sunday Dinner" of roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy!  Sooo good!  And with carrots, spaghetti squash, rolls, and green salad we were stuffed!

After dinner, I presented our 12 Days Before Christmas theme which is "Time...for Things That Matter Most".  All of the gifts are centered around the four key relationships that President Uchtdorf mentions in his talk called "Of Things That Matter Most" which he gave at the October conference 2010.  I've loved that talk from the moment I heard it and it was a perfect fit for our 12 Days this year.

To start off the lesson, we divided up into teams and played three "Minute-to-Win-It" games...because they all deal with "Time".  That was fun!  I wished I had planned more!  Then I shared thoughts from Dallin H. Oaks talk, "Good, Better, and Best" along with President Uchtdorf's talk.  Both are excellent talks with excellent reminders for us all!  If you want to know what the four key relationships are, you'll just have to read President Uchtdorf's talk!  Here are some fun Minute-to-win-It pics! :)
"Don't Blow It"
How fast can you blow the ball across the cups of water without it falling out?


Even little Jonas tried :)
"Rockin Around the Christmas Cups"
Knock over all eight cups within one minute
using a strange extension from your head!
The stocking scared Jonas, so this is how he knocked the cups over!
This one was my favorite..."Deck the Balls"
Decorate the Christmas tree by sucking up six ornaments with a
wrapping paper tube and transferring them to your partner who then
places them on the Christmas Tree.
Even my pregnant girls could do this one! :)


1 comment:

  1. That was fun. I was just really stuffed and couldn't move from eating too much, or I would have tried the stocking game.

    ReplyDelete