Today's Blessing: A Job Interview
A job position for the Payroll Coordinator opened two weeks ago at the city offices. When I saw the opening I thought, 'I could do that job! It would be full-time, I'd get leave benefits, and I'd finally get to start adding back to my retirement at the Utah State Retirement Office.' But in the back of my mind I had a hard time accepting the fact that I'd have to leave my job at the library. I LOVE that job! I love the people there! Do I really want to change? For almost two full weeks I rolled the thought around in my head, but with a little prompting from Scott I decided to apply just a few days before the deadline date.
This morning I had an interview for the job. I shouldn't have been nervous, right? I knew every person in the job interview and felt very comfortable talking with all of them! But underneath my skirt my knees were shaking!!
The interview went very well I thought! Although, I was quite bold and openly asked at the end of the interview if they were already considering someone who currently works in the administration office. Their answer was yes. I figured. I had already seen her in the payroll office being trained for the job. But Scott said it was good for them to know that someone else within the city was interested in the job also.
Anyway, I decided the job interview was a blessing because it made me realize everything I have going for myself! It was like a self-esteem booster for myself! In going over my resume I felt really good about my skills and job knowledge. I feel I'm an excellent and loyal employee, and I pride myself in saying I work an honest day's pay for an honest day's work! Perhaps I won't get the job, but I like myself! And I can still enjoy working at the library with the ladies I love!! :) Too bad my job at the library can't become full-time, right?!
.jpg)
That's lame that even though they knew who they were going to hire, they still had to go through the process. Wasting people's time. At least you found a blessing out of it.
ReplyDelete