Today's Blessing: Getting Back on Track
My parents have had some financial struggles lately with huge dental bills, prescription costs, and car repairs. When you're on a fixed income with medical issues it really makes life tough! When both of my dad's phones were disconnected because of past due bills, it was a wake-up call to us kids that they needed some help.
For the past couple of months I've been working closely with my Dad to help them get their heads above water. It's been hard for me to tramp my way into their personal affairs, but my dad has been very humble and willing to let me give him some financial advice and restrictions. He must trust me.
When things got tough, my dad just quit keeping track of his money. Not a good thing to do! He was spending money they didn't have but he thought he had. So today I sat down with my dad and laid out a budget for him...kind-of a tight one when it comes to food and such but hopefully we'll get some of his debts paid off and they'll soon be back on track.
.jpg)
Oh, I'm glad they have you to help them! That makes me kind of sad to hear they are having financial struggles because they're getting old and Grandpa is having a hard time remembering stuff. You're such a good daughter. I think you and dad would be the only ones I trust too with finances. You guys taught me well.
ReplyDeleteIt makes us feel good when they are trying to change thier ways to be better!
ReplyDelete