Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Counting Blessings: A Little Broken Sensor

Today's Blessing:  Some Unexpected Reading and Shopping Time

I guess our car feels the need for extra attention about every three months...on September 1st it cried for a new water pump, and today it decided to blow a sensor in the radiator.  All I can say is thank goodness I was only in Ogden and not all the way to Salt Lake City!

Early this morning I headed out for Stephanie's house to help her with a little sewing project.  I was so looking forward to spending time with her and Jonas.  Sally, our car, had different plans though.  By the time I passed 12th street my radiator light was warning the red zone and I couldn't get any heat.  I made a call to Scott for interpretation on the dashboard warning and decided I better take the next exit.  Fortunately, Scott was able to leave work and come to my rescue.  After a quick look around under the hood, he found the broken sensor.  Here I had a full reservoir but an empty radiator.  That's how important that little sensor is!

Needless to say, I didn't make it to Salt Lake.  We drove to Autozone and O'Reilly and finally found a sensor at the O'Reilly store at five points in Ogden.  And since we were driving the town anyway, we did a little Christmas and grocery shopping too!  Plus, as an added bonus, I got lots of time to read my son-in-law's newest book, All For Owen, while waiting for my "knight in shining armor".  If you're ever wishing for some free time to read, just pray for your car to break down - although I don't recommend it!

All in all, I guess I wasn't meant to go to Salt Lake because as soon as we got home, Scott received a phone call from the missionaries...they wanted to know where to go for their dinner appointment tonight.  Oh dear!  Scott had totally spaced that one!  So guess who joined us for dinner?!  Good thing I was here to mix up a quick pan of enchiladas!



1 comment:

  1. I was also thinking it might be a blessing because what if my water broke or I went into labor (not likely) and you got stranded in the middle of the night? You never know. Atleast you can have the car ready, hopefully, for next week.

    ReplyDelete