It's so great having a grandchild! I get to enjoy all those "childhood" places all over again! In fact, that's the best thing about being a parent...you get to be a kid again and not have everyone think you've lost your marbles because you're "playing"
Stephanie and Clint invited Scott and I to go to the Hogle Zoo with them today. I just love watching Jonas experience new things so of course I jumped on the invitation.
It was cute to watch Jonas discover the animal kingdom - both living and fake! He was a little unsure about all those animals. Even though they were behind glass windows, he made sure to stay his distance!
+(800x533).jpg)
I have to say his favorite thing to see was the bugs! Ya, he's totally a boy! The bugs were all dead and perfectly mounted in a glass case but Jonas loved looking at them. In fact, when Clint starting walking away to look at some other animals, Jonas started to cry. He just wanted to look at the bugs!!
Just before leaving, we all reverted to our primate ancestors and went ape for a few minutes...enough minutes to take a few pictures. Jonas thought it was so funny to see us put our heads in the hole! I'll have to get a copy of Stephanie and Clint's ape shots, but I think Jonas was the cutest ape there!!
+(800x533).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
+(533x800).jpg)
+(533x800).jpg)
Yep, I need those pictures of us by the bugs. I couldn't get a pic because there were too many people, and I had to scoot back so far, so it was hard. I'll put mine in dropbox, if you put all yours in. Thanks!
ReplyDelete