Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 309 (Not So Empty Again) - Tabernacle Tours


Sometimes Scott's church calling is really a challenge, especially when people cancel on him and he has the responsibility to get it covered.

Millcreek Ward Youth
Today and Friday, our ward is responsible for the Tabernacle Tours here in Brigham City.  We get to show off our beautiful, historic tabernacle to anyone who may be stopping in for a visit.  With the addition of our awesome temple, more and more people are visiting our beautiful little city.  As the ward Mission Leader, Scott gets the opportunity to make sure the "Tour Guide" slots are filled for our ward.  Well, Tuesday night a couple cancelled and they were the first shift for the day today.  I could see the burden weighing Scott down.  Scott figured he'd just have to open the tabernacle at noon instead of 10.  Then Scott got a call last night from the stake high counselor informing him a group was coming early today and could the tour guides go in an hour earlier?  I could tell Scott was stressed.  It was hard enough finding the 10 couples to cover the shifts and now it was last minute.  Thank goodness I have a pretty flexible job.  I offered to cover the shift if he could find another sister to go with me.  He suggested I call the Relief Society president and see if she could go with me.  Well, the Relief Society president was busy today but she suggested a few sisters and within 5 minutes I had a companion - my visiting teacher and a very faithful sister in the gospel - Sandra Haddock.  She was my first call and she willingly accepted even though it was 9:30 p.m. last night, and she had to drop everything she had planned for this morning!  Instantly Scott's burden was lifted...he was smiling again!!  He even offered to take me to Twizlberries!!  I'm glad I could help!

So this morning I went into work early and got the library ready to open, then I walked over to the tabernacle just before 9:00 a.m.  The group showed up about 9:30 a.m. - a "youth conference" group from Millcreek.  Throughout the morning we had several other people show up - a family from Mesa, a family from Seattle and a grandmother with her grand-daughters from our own town of Brigham City.  It was nice visiting with the people and hearing a little bit about them and their families.  And Sister Haddock and I got some good "visiting" done too!  It turned out to be a nice morning!  Then I went back to work and just worked later than I usually do.  Blessings always come in different ways, right?!

1 comment: