Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 297 (Not So Empty Again) - Off to the Temple

When life gets crazy and the days are packed, I'm especially grateful for a temple that is only five minutes away!

I had tons to do today but I've discovered if I fit in going to the temple I can amazingly accomplish more than if I don't.  I can't explain it, but it just works.

So I headed up to the temple this morning immediately following my Heritage Theatre Board Meeting.  As I approached the temple my heart sank...it was surrounded with tons of cars and the parking lot was full...that means a busy day at the temple.  My plan was to do some initiatory names since I didn't have an appointment for an endowment session, so when I saw all those cars I figured I'd be waiting a good 30+ minutes to get in.

I soon discovered why there were so many cars...a Wedding!  Of course!  Plus four people were taking out their own endowments at the 11:00 a.m. session.  No wonder!  A happy day for all those special people! :)

In initiatory...it was dead (no, I'm not being funny!)  I walked right in...in fact I didn't even get a chance to sit and wait.  My total service time was only 30 minutes.  Now that's the quickest temple session I've ever had!!

1 comment:

  1. We need to go again. It's a lot harder to go with a kid. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete