Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 303 (Not So Empty Again) - Cherry Hills...disappointment, then fun

It's sad when things don't  turn out exactly as you had planned.  But that's life I suppose and you just have to expect things to happen and make the best of it.

Camp breakfasts are the best!!
A boy with his rope!! :)
The kids all joined us at Cherry Hills today for our annual Family Camp-out.  Stephanie, Clint and Jonas showed up early in the morning for breakfast so that was fun to have some morning time with them.  And I always love being with that cute little grandson of mine!  He is just so cute!!  Life wouldn't be any fun without little kids!!  Jason and Anna returned around 10 a.m.; Kelvin showed up at 12:30 p.m. and Tiffany and Jeremy arrived around 4:30 p.m.  We were kind of sporadic this year which hasn't been the case in the past.

So we all sunscreened up in the morning (those of us who were there) and headed to the park around 11 am.  To our disappointment Pirates Cove and Cardiac Canyon were drained of all water.  Apparently a lever broke yesterday in the piping system and both attractions were down.  We were told they should be up and running in an hour.  An hour later we were told two hours.  We spent our time relaxing in the lazy river and the outdoor pool but deep inside we were aching for Cardiac Canyon.  And I really wanted to see Jonas enjoy Pirates Cove.  Finally we headed back to our camp site for lunch.

It was probably 3 or 3:30 when the problem was finally fixed so at 4:30 the real fun began...but the water was ice cold!!  Jonas didn't like that cold water in Pirates Cove one bit!!  And you should have seen us all shiver at Cardiac Canyon.  We did have a blast for about two hours until we all got too cold!!  And poor Scott got beat up!  He creamed out on his tube two times that I saw...maybe it was more!!  I guess that's why they call it Cardiac Canyon!!

Needless to say, I didn't get hardly any swim pictures because I was tired of bringing my camera up to the park and then taking it back, then bringing it up and taking it back.  I was pretty bummed!

We did have a nice evening though, once we all got warm.  Our hamburgers tasted great, the fruit pizza cookies were delicious, and smores are always a hit!!  Hmm...I think dinner time was the best part of the camp-out!  Oh dear!!










Cushy Campers!
Bedtime
Then everyone packed up and went home, except Jason and Anna who stayed the night with Scott and I.  I hope when Cody and Jess get back home they'll stay the night.  Hmm...I think I'm going to make a few changes next year.  We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. What changes are you thinking about making?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the day, it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a blast too but 2 hours of water fun for roughly $150 makes me kind of discouraged. I think next year we'll try a good old camping experience in the mountains. Hopefully you kids will still come...even if it is just for the day?

    ReplyDelete