Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 312 (Not So Empty Again) - A Mini Dinner for Kelvin

I don't think I've ever explained my "Not So Empty Again" that has appeared in my heading since May 23.  Our "adopted" son, Kelvin, moved in with us on that day when a lousy job in California didn't pan out for him and he found himself homeless until the end of August.

When I discovered his homeless condition, I immediately offered him one of our spare bedrooms, since we had three empty rooms just sitting there!  I'm pretty sure he had reservations about the whole thing and I told him I hoped he didn't hate us by the end of the summer, but he took me up on the offer when his other options didn't work out and so far we're all still friends!

So tonight Scott and I took dinner to my parents...you know, the monthly Christmas gift dinner, but Kelvin stayed home to get caught up on homework and such.  (I'm pretty sure he would have felt awkward coming to my parent's anyway.)  I felt bad leaving him with no Sunday dinner so while I prepared chicken pot pies for my parents, I prepared a mini deep dish pot pie for Kelvin too.  I made him a salad also...that boy is terrible at eating vegetables!!  Hopefully he enjoyed it.

And Kelvin's a good sport to let me take his picture...he knows I take a picture a day...he just got to be it today!     Thank goodness he didn't pull a Jonas!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. He's such a good sport. What would he do without your yummy cooking? Eat Ramen all summer long. Oh the joys of being a college student. Ha!

    ReplyDelete