Saturday, February 1, 2014

Counting Blessings: Baby Shower!

Today's Blessing:  Perseverance Despite the Storm

I went to the temple early this morning.  The temperature was somewhat warm for winter and the skies were dry.  Two hours later, I came out of the temple to four inches of snow and still snowing!!  What happened?!

My first thought was, "Oh no!  We're having Anna's baby shower today and now the roads will be terrible!"  Then at 10:30 am Scott texted me that they had closed the Brigham City exit on the freeway due to an accident.  It was not happy news!  I called my kids coming from Salt Lake and Ogden and warned them of the closure.  Of all days, why today?!

Despite the weather, ten quests managed to brave the storm.   I was grateful for their perseverance! It took poor Jolene a whole hour to get here from Ogden!  I felt a little bummed that not more came but people are busy I guess.  Anyway, we had a good lunch, played some fun games and Anna and Jason got some nice gifts for their soon-to-be-born little girl.
A gifts display
After the shower, Jason enjoyed a little snow time with Amanda Rogers (Anna's sister) and Erin Brett (his niece on Anna's side).  Jason still has that little kid spirit about him...I love it!  He'll be a great dad!
Jason's Snow Buddy :)
Erin must have thought it was pretty funny when Mr. Snowman fell over!  Look at her cute smile. :)
I'm pretty sure Jason will be nicer when he has a snowball fight with "Little Lilly".  (When she gets older of course!)



No comments:

Post a Comment