Thank goodness for personal revelation - at least on the part of our Stake YW President!!
Tonight was a youth fireside featuring author Amy Wilde. The Stake Young Women Presidency was in charge of getting refreshments. The assignment was clarified last Sunday but then totally forgotten about by all three of us Presidency members! Yesterday, at 4:30 pm, I received a phone call from Sister Frischknecht..."Didn't you tell me we are in charge of getting refreshments for the fireside tomorrow." Oh my!! Heart attack almost set in! I had totally forgotten! Scott and I made a quick run to Kent's Market and secured the necessary sweet stuff along with several gallons of milk.
It was definitely personal revelation on Sister Frischknecht's part. She hadn't even been at the meeting last Sunday due to some minor surgery recovery, and she had been suffering with a migraine all day yesterday! I had only mentioned to her briefly before the Ward Conference last Sunday about the refreshments. Just goes to show, the Lord is aware of what needs to be done AND it is important to the Lord that we keep the Sabbath Day holy, otherwise we would have been breaking that commandment today!
![]() |
| Bags Full of Cookies |
The fireside was fantastic! Amy Jo Wilde spoke and she has a very uplifting and amazing story. You can read about it in her book called White Bees. Check out her blog here.
Just so you know...my husband is awesome! He got the tables and cookies and milk all ready for us while we were busy in meetings and in the fireside.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Yum! It's been so long since I've had cookies. Ha ha! Actually, Oreos don't have milk in them. So I ate some of those several weeks ago. But other than that, I don't eat sweets anymore. Just candy.
ReplyDelete