Monday, February 17, 2014

Counting Blessings: President's Day

Today's Blessing:  A Beautiful Day for a Bike Ride

What a beautiful day!  Today was President's Day...a Federal Holiday!  So Scott and I were both off work!  Woohoo!!  We slept in (which is a rarity for us!), completed insurance quote info (that part was NOT fun), colored my hair (goodbye gray...again!) and went for a bike ride!!  Aww!  It was beautiful weather for a bike ride!  I loved it!




I needed a few things at Smith's Grocery Store, so we decided to go on our bikes and take a long way there.    You see, I'm running a little short on my bike riding for the "Get Fit" Challenge, and I love it when I can bike to a destination!  I guess it's the theory of killing two birds with one stone, right?!  We were sure to bring our backpacks and we loaded them up!  Yes, we're weird.  But it's the best way to go shopping I think!...as long as you don't have to buy too much!

We got in an 8 mile ride.  Sweet!  Some day I'd love to take a bike trip.  Doesn't that sound fun?!  When I mentioned that to Scott he said, "My poor butt!"  Hmm...I'm thinking that bike trip will probably never happen.  Maybe a one day bike trip??

1 comment:

  1. Good Job! It was a nice day. Jonas even went outside with Clint and played.

    ReplyDelete