Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 51 (Empty Nestering) - A Hiking, Biking, Running, Walking Paradise!!

Wow!!  I think I've reached Paradise!!  Park City is the ideal spot if you love to bike, hike, run or just simply  take a walk.  They have awesome trails everywhere!  Too bad I'm not here for two weeks or more so I can explore them all!!

This morning, Scott and I ran a beautiful paved path (which we later discovered is called the Kearns Bike Trail) that turned sidewalk and led us to an Olympic Torch!  Awesome!  I love runs that end with a destination point! :)
Just one of Park City's Oympic Torches
The Chakra Sea
100% Found and Reclaimed Art
The Sound Garden

During my daytime hours, I discovered the "Poison Creek Trail".  What a nice paved path with beautiful trees and interesting art creations along the way!
Maestro Joyce!!
Library...this way!!


The Park City Library
(Converted Old High School)















My main destination was the city library (I always make it a point to checkout other libraries!!) but what a wonderful  walk getting there!  I couldn't wait for Scott to get out of his meetings so we could enjoy the trail together and even explore more!  (And the Park City library was pretty nice itself!  I loved their internet procedure...I'm definitely sharing it with the library ladies back home!)  When it was time to return to the hotel, I couldn't help skipping along the path...it just made me happy! :)


Biking Park City's Main Street
Tonight Scott and I hopped on our bikes and took a ride along the "Poison Creek Trail" all the way to the transit hub on Main Street.  We then put our bikes in low gear and biked to the top of Main Street.  What a fun tourist ride!  The shops are all so...artsy?  If I was into art galleries and clothes, it would have been a very expensive ride too!!

We then headed back towards our hotel and hooked up with the Rail Trail...a converted old railroad track line from the silver days.  It was a nice, easy ride although not as picturesque as the Poison Creek Trail but we rode it until it turned to dirt and then headed back.  Scott figured we probably biked 7-8 miles (my butt could tell...I definitely need to do more bike riding!)

What a wonderful day!  (and I'm tired too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment