Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 43 (Empty Nestering) - I'm a Mom!! Thank you Tiffany!!


It's hard to believe...29 years ago today I became a mother!!  I remember looking at my tiny, tiny Tiffany and thinking "I'm a mom!"  Calling myself a mom seemed so strange!

Tiffany certainly wanted to give us a jump on parenthood.  According to her due date, she was four weeks early...according to the doctor's assessment, she was six to eight weeks early.  She spent 18 days in the hospital learning to suck and get up to at least five pounds.  For a while, she seemed to just be doing nothing, but when Scott and a friend of ours gave her a blessing, she shot up!  It was a happy (and worrisome) day when we finally got to bring our precious little Tiffany home.  I was told to wake her up every two hours to eat and if she stopped breathing while she was eating to just tickle her feet.  STOP BREATHING?!  What a thing to tell a first-time mother!  I was constantly checking her while eating AND sleeping because I was so afraid she would stop breathing!!  How Tiffany ever survived her first year of life is probably a miracle with such a worrisome young mother!
So today Scott and I got to celebrate Tiffany's 29th birthday with her!!  Since Jeremy had to work, Tiffany joined us for a birthday dinner (her choice of food...which was roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy and I steamed up some fresh veggies because she loves them too!)  Of course she ate on the red plate!


After dinner Tiffany and I got to have a little mother/daughter craft night (one of our favorite things to do together! :)  We made black cat pumpkin goodie jars!  Black cats always remind me of Tiffany (but that's another story!!) 
And her birthday gift?  I take the easy way out...$29...a dollar for every year!!  That way she can buy what she really wants!!  And I can say I helped! :)

Thank you Tiffany for making me a Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment