Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 64 (Empty Nestering) - Maniac Monday!!

My face-up days are quickly coming to an end.  So today I had a thousand things I wanted to do.  Right after work I came home and started bottling chicken.  Last Saturday our local Kent's grocery store had an awesome buy on a twenty-pound box of chicken breasts.  But with no room in my freezer and a limited amount of space in my refrigerator I had to do something quick!  A couple of years ago I was inspired by the book "It's in the Bag!" which talks all about having a year supply of food storage bagged up in meals.  Ever since then I have wanted to give it a try.  Now was my chance.  By the end of the night I had fourteen pints of bottled chicken breasts!  I felt accomplished!

While the chicken was processing, Scott and I took advantage of the time and made caramel popcorn to give as Halloween treats to his coworkers.  I had to get a jump on Halloween since I won't be able to see any trick-or-treaters this year.  The caramel popcorn tasted great - I know because we nibbled on it! (Don't worry, we didn't nibble on any of the popcorn for his coworkers!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment