Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 55 (Empty Nestering) - A Bundle of Happiness!

I recently finished reading the book "There's an Adult in my Soup".  Good book!  I highly recommend it to anyone who is in a rut and wondering what happened to all the fun in their life.  The book has certainly made me more aware of children and the "Joy of Living" that they have!  I no longer feel "ashamed" about skipping down the sidewalk or enjoying all those girl scout games that I loved so much!

Tonight Scott and I got to babysit our most adorable grandson, Jonas.  Talk about a bundle of happiness!  I need to take lessons from him!  One minute that little guy was running around the house, the next minute plopping himself on the ground and doing "V" sits, and then the next minute sitting in my lap reading a book.  He notices every little thing and is willing to try any little thing.  I'd say he is loving life and at the same time he is learning every minute!!  I certainly had to be aware of what I was saying, because that little tyke hears everything...whether you like it or not, what you say will be repeated!  He never holds back his desire to be cuddled and I have to admit I love that!!  And he loves attention!  (But don't we all love a little attention every now and then?!)

So I'm turning over a new leaf!  I'm going to love life too and if I feel like running around the house...I will!!  Perhaps I'll try a few of those "V" sits too!  I'm going to start noticing those little wonders around me and though it may scare this old brain of mine, I'm going to pick up on opportunities to learn new things!!  And the cuddling part?  Most definitely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment