Tonight I tagged along with Scott to Ogden for his NALC meeting except I didn't stay for the meeting...I dropped him off and headed for Michaels. :) I did have a reason for going to Michaels...my boss had most subtlety (HA!) dropped a hint that she would like a Michaels gift card for boss's day which happens to be tomorrow. No Worries!! Scott's hour meeting gave me time to go to Michaels AND JoAnns (my two favorite stores!!), pick up a gift card at Michales, and then enjoy the use of my 50% off coupon at JoAnns.
It wasn't until I was halfway to JoAnn's that I realized I forgot to buy the gift card!! I looked at my watch...it was 5:55 p.m. - Scott's meeting would be over at 6:30 p.m. I needed at least 15 minutes to get there on time. STINK!! There went my savoring time at JoAnn's! I spent 5 minutes in JoAnn's...no 50% off purchase for me today! :( By 6:09 p.m. I was back in my car with just enough time to get back to Michaels, purchase the gift card and pick up Scott on time! I pulled into Michaels and realized I had received a text...from Scott...he says, "Take your time, I think it will go past 6:30 p.m." STINK AGAIN!! If only I had seen that text a few minutes sooner!! Oh well, I buy the gift card, browse around just a little and then head back to pick up Scott. I pull in Alliance Credit Union (the meeting place)...it is 6:27 p.m. I get another text...from Scott..."Plan on 7 pm ok!" Ugh!! The price I pay for being so easily distracted!! Or perhaps I should say, the price I saved for being so easily distracted. Hmm...what an oxymoron...either way I paid a price!! STINK THREE TIMES!!
Just for the record...I still went home feeling all Halloween Happy inside! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment