Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 69 (Empty Nestering) - Surprise "Face Up" Visitors!!

"Face Up" Visitors!!
I know I said it yesterday, but in my condition, visitors really are the best!  It's like I'm totally capable  but yet I'm disabled.  I can walk (like a hunchback)...see (although very limited range of vision and my working eye gets tired after a short amount of time)...and still "do" things if I can endure the pain mostly in my neck from keeping my face down, but I find myself exhausted and lying down within a matter of minutes and feeling lonely.  (Don't get me wrong...Scott is an awesome care giver!!  And I am soooo lucky to have him around!  But we don't have very much to talk about because we've already talked about "it"!!)











Movie Time - "Just Visiting"
And us..."Just Visiting"
So today I had the best surprise ever!!  Jessica came back home and brought her friend Kelvin who I totally enjoy and would adopt if he wasn't 24 years old!!  Kelvin just has this way about him that is thoughtfulness all wrapped up in one.  He brought me a big bag of "goodies"...four-1,000 piece puzzles, CHOCOLATE!! (all my favorite kids like Almond Joy, Snickers, Hersheys and peanut M&Ms...ya, I'm pretty sure he had an inside source!!), a couple sheets of scrapbook stickers and a pirate eye patch (hooray!!  I have a Halloween costume now!!)  And he was totally willing to lie down on the floor to talk with me!!  Jess and Kelvin totally made my day!  We talked, started a puzzle, ate chocolate, and watched a movie!!  They made my day happy!!  They stayed the whole day and even stayed the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment