It's amazing how life can change in just a matter of minutes!! Not even a week ago, the LDS Church announced the age change for missionaries. Tonight, my 19 year old daughter Jessica submitted her missionary paperwork! I'm feeling a little dizzy in a way because it seemed to happy so fast!! Just look at this timeline:
Saturday morning, Oct. 6 - President Monson announces the age change.
Sunday evening, Oct 7 - Jessica has arranged an appointment with her bishop
Wednesday evening, Oct 10 - Jessica meets with her bishop
Thursday evening, Oct 11 - Jessica goes online and begins paperwork
Friday morning, Oct 12 - Scott is able to get a doctor and dentist appointment for Jessica...that day!! Both doctor and dentist were more than willing to "work her in"!
Friday late afternoon, Oct 12 - Jessica visits the dentist first...perfect teeth! Jessica visits doctor next...clean bill of health. (Just have to wait 3 days to monitor the TB test. If no word from Jessica come Monday, the doctor will mail the forms in!)
Friday evening, Oct 12 - Jessica completes her missionary papers and clicks "submit"!
TOTAL TIME FROM START TO FINISH: 23.5 hours!!
Now that's a girl who can't wait to serve the Lord and share the gospel!! We estimate a large while envelope to be hitting the Brigham City post office on Halloween!! Oooo! That could be scarey! NOT!!
Jessica will be an awesome missionary, but I must admit...I'm sure going to miss her! (Of course I will...I'm her mother!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment