I'm was so happy to get an invitation from Cody to attend his college ward's "Family Day" today. It reminded me of another "Family Day" I attended years ago with my daughter Stephanie. We actually got to meet her future husband although at that time they were "just friends"! (ha, ha!) Anyway, the talks and lessons were excellent today! We have amazing young people in the church these days!! I especially loved the Relief Society lesson which was on "What does it mean to have faith in Jesus Christ." Cody's ward is following the youth curriculum so the lessons are a little different than my ward, but it didn't matter, the teacher did an excellent job! (She was a return missionary...no wonder!...they certainly train them well!)
So I'd like to share a few things I learned...
There are three things that witness our faith in Jesus Christ:
1. We have an assurance that he lives.
2. We have a correct idea of his character.
3. We live according to His will.
She talked about how faith moves mountains and we always think of those mountains literally...mountains. But we are moving mountains every day like when we battle Satan's tool of discouragement, or overcome a fear. We may be moving mountains everyday and don't even realize it! What an awesome concept, right?! At the end she said "Personal Righteousness = Faith. Sometimes I think I have such little faith and yet it's probably greater than I ever realized! She was a fantastic teacher! I had to go up to her afterwards and tell her what a great job she did! (I felt like saying, "Let me introduce you to my son! He's awesome too!!" :) (ha, ha.)
It was a great Sunday!! :)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment