I had a whole list of things to do today. I put them all on my fancy new smart phone app. Wow! I didn't do a single one! But I did do a lot of worthwhile things...they just weren't put on my "list".
First: I went to the temple at 7:30 a.m. hoping to take advantage of someone else's cancellation. I was lucky again! So I did an endowment session at 8:00 a.m. and probably sat in the celestial room for a good 20 minutes afterwards pondering and praying.
Second: As I exited the temple, the sun was shining beautifully. I instantly wanted to go for a run!! So I quickly went home, changed my clothes and took advantage of the sunshine. I ran 4.1 miles and even met up with a good-lookin' letter carrier half way! (Bet you can't guess who?!)
Third: Went to a funeral for Fred Helms...an ex-brother-in-law. The family had his body cremated. It was so weird looking at that jar instead of a casket. But it was fun to hear the memories given of him...totally how I remembered him...a total prankster! Scott was able to get off work for the funeral too so that was way nice!
Fourth: Cleaned the church at 5:00 p.m. And what a good group we had show up!! Many hands make light work!! I worked with a young women and we cleaned all the doors and large windows in record time. Then I mopped the four bathroom floors and the kitchen. Scott got to supervise (it was his groups turn, you see) and he's a whiz at mopping the gym floor in speed time!
Fifth: Enjoyed a movie with Scott - Cold Comfort Farm. Of course we had popcorn and ice cream. Yum!! And now Jeremy can't bug me anymore about when we're going to watch the movie he brought for us to watch!
At the end of the day, it dawned on me I hadn't looked at my list once and I hadn't done anything on it either! Oh well! Those things will all still be there next week...I'll just start another list!
.jpg)
Ha ha! That's funny. But you did update your blog, and that was on your list. Good job! Whether it was the actual day of, or today that you updated the blog, you got some of it done.
ReplyDelete