I've decided all those mission rules are just ingrained in my sons' brains! Apparently they don't know that they can call, text, email or blog home whenever they want now! To hear from either one of them without a little prompting from me is simply a miracle!
I suppose it is a good thing though, right. I certainly don't want to have a couple of "moma's boys", but it is nice to know they are still alive and kickin too!
Poor Cody, he has had so many commitments here in Brigham City since he returned home from his mission that he has only had the opportunity of attending his singles ward in Logan twice. He fears the Bishopric thinks he's a less active member! Personally, all his commitments have certainly been nice for me! At least I get to see him every now and then. I'm just trying to make up for the past two years! ha, ha.
So today Cody spoke in our ward's High Priest Quorum (hmm...I wonder who arranged that?!) He talked about serving and missionary opportunities but mainly let the high priests teach with a lot of good discussion...he just steered them in the right direction. I'm sure he did a fantastic job...at least Scott said he did (Scott's also very bias...like me!) And it was great having him home for dinner and getting a little visiting time in even if it was for just a short time because he had to get back to Logan for a fireside and home teaching appointments.
He brought home my old digital camera we let him use while on his mission because it will soon be shipped off to Jessica. Before packing it up though, we had to take some fun pictures for Jess to see on the SD card. I discovered later that Cody even included a short, silly video...of Sammy and himself - mostly of himself lip syncing a song on the radio...he didn't record very much...he didn't know the lyrics! What a silly boy!!
+(800x600).jpg)
+(800x600).jpg)
+(600x800).jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment