It's probably been over a year since I made my last wedding cake...it's nice to know I haven't lost my touch!!
I had quite the busy day though! Last night I discovered my 10" round Styrofoam dummy was no longer in existence (it had fallen off my supply shelves in the garage several months ago and some critter had decided to make havoc...or bedding...out of it! I had totally forgotten I have thrown it away...until last night! Darn this old brain of mine!) So I was up at 5:00 a.m. this morning in order to get to the store by 6:00 a.m...thank goodness for rice krispies and marshmallows!! Rice Krispy treats make pretty awesome cake dummies! By 7:00 a.m. I had one 2" dummy completed but had to leave for an early morning staff meeting at the Heritage Theatre. By 10:00 a.m. I was back at home making my second 2" dummy layer.
From then on I worked non-stop leveling, icing, smoothing, beading, and drop flowering three layers of wedding cake. I ate while decorating (and did a little visiting too at the end as Stephanie, Clint, Jonas and two other lively little boys dropped in for a "I'm bored at Great-Grandma's 80th birthday party" visit!)
Although it may sound hectic, everything actually went quite smooth! And when I got the cake to the church, and added all the fresh flowers, it looked beautiful!! Definitely a spring wedding cake. I loved it!
I always return when the reception is over to take down the cake, box it up, and get all my cake supplies back (it's the best way to guarantee return of my cake plates!) So in between, I met up with my daughter Tiffany and we went to dinner! Mmm...Costa Vida! I needed a good meal by then! And it was nice getting a little one on one with my oldest child (who's not really a child, but she'll always be my child!)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment