Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 199 (Empty Again) - Chikapaloosa Day!!

What is Chikapaloosa Day?!  It's girls day for my daughters and I!

Today was our very first one!  It was sooooo fun!  We basically crafted, talked, and ate all day long!
Aw...life doesn't get much better than that!
Crafty Chicks!
I must give credit where credit is due...Chikapaloosa was Stephanie's idea.  You see, Clint's side of the family has a "Women's Conference" once a year where all the women folk get together for two days in a row and visit, exercise, craft, cook or do whatever.  Each person brings something to share and that makes up the "conference".  They have done it for years.


So Stephanie suggested the idea to us and what a great idea it was.  We picked our own name for the event (thank you Clint), Stephanie hosted our first one, did all the advertising, reminding, and time planning, and then we each provided something to do.  Wow!  I totally loved the whole day!  We made St. Patrick's Day gifts for our hubbies (my craft), decorated plates (Anna's idea...and she made a cool mug), did beading (Tiffany's expertise), and made ruffled scarfs (Stephanie's idea).  Stephanie also demonstrated making "Crusty Bread" first thing and we ate it for lunch...along with a delicious Sausage and Corn Chowder soup too.  Anna made Sweet and Sour Chicken and Fried Rice for our dinner...and me...well, I washed dishes because Stephanie and Anna are both amazing cooks and didn't need any of my help!  To top off the evening, Stephanie showed us how to make a healthy fruit smoothie...YUM...it was almost as good as ice cream!  We started the day at 10:00 a.m. and before I knew it, it was 8:00 p.m...time to go home :(  Aw, shucks!  The day went way too fast!
Avatar Hands

Avatar's next stars!
Anna's Awesome Earrings!

Sheesh!  Stephanie is always photogenic!
Tiffany is the bead queen!!  But she was so busy helping us
she didn't have time to make anything for herself...so Anna made her some earrings!

Ok, Jonas joined our Chikapaloosa too!
(And so did Clint and Jason...but we won't tell!!)
  
Artistic plates

Ruffled Scarf Models!!
Our next Chikapaloosa day is in September...Tiffany volunteered to host it.  (I wish we could have it quarterly though!  A "Christmas in July" Chikapaloosa would be fabulous!  And September seems so far away!)

No comments:

Post a Comment