Saturday, March 30, 2013

Day 221 (Empty Again) - Shooting, Sandbox, and Celebrating

My cute little grandson, Jonas, turns two years old tomorrow, so Stephanie and Clint invited Scott and I to their neck of the woods today for a little Saturday fun.

First off, Clint has been anxious for us to go shooting with him.  He recently bought himself a small gun which he carries with a concealed weapons permit, and he cleaned up Scott's gun too so we were ready to give it a try.  Honestly, I've never liked guns.  I hear all those horror

stories about kids accidentally shooting one another with their Dad's gun and I just told Scott I didn't want it around our kids.  During all our years of marriage, Scott has been very good at keeping his gun out of sight.  In fact, I have no idea where he keeps it!    But now with all the crazy shootings at elementary schools and colleges, I'm proud of Clint for getting his concealed weapons permit and taking action to protect him, his family, and his co-workers.  He very safety conscious and never leaves it just lying around, loaded, waiting for an accident to happen.

So we first dropped Jonas off at his Grandpa Stoker's home and then Stephanie and Clint took us to the shooting range in Magna.  There I had my first experience at shooting a gun.  It wasn't that bad.  Those guns give you quite the punch though...especially the rifles.  I think Clint ended up with a bruise before he was through!

After shooting, we headed back to their house where Scott put together Jonas' birthday present...a cool sandbox!  Scott did an awesome job and I believe Jonas is going to love it!  I want one at my house now!


Blowing out the candles :)
Then it was party time!  Stephanie made the cutest Spiderman cake because Jonas LOVES Spiderman!!  It's always so cute watching little kids blow out their birthday cake candles, and Jonas was no exception!  He loved his presents, his balloons, and his cake.  And I love him!!  Grandkids are soooo fun! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment