Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 208 (Empty Again) - Green Food!! It's a Tradition!

When I was young, my parents were involved in the Quarter Promenaders Square Dance Club.  For a couple of years, they served on the exective staff so my sisters and I got the unique opportunity  of dressing up as Leprechauns for their St. Patrick's Day dance and dinner.  We would wander around the people as they danced and pinch anyone who did not have green on!  It was way fun!  And for payment we got a free dinner...a green dinner!  I feel in love!

Since then, I've made it a tradition in my home to have some type of green meal for St. Patrick's day.  It was so fun when the kids were little...they would wake up to green pancakes, green butter, and green milk and I would tell them the Leprechaun came during the night and turned their food green!  I don't really think they believed me but I think they got a good kick out of it!


My mom and dad...they started it all!!
Ok...it's not totally green!!
Since Scott and I are empty nesters now, I hadn't even thought about having a green dinner, but then I realized we were taking dinner to my parents on St. Patrick's Day.  How fun!  I couldn't wait to show up with a green meal and see their reaction.  Well, my parents are pretty good sports, and they loved the dinner down to the green butter on their rolls.  Sadly though, when I was reminiscing with my parents about those St. Patrick's day square dance dinners, my mom couldn't even remember them!  Had I been dreaming them all these years??  No, my Dad totally remembered them!  Whew!  That certainly made me feel better!!




No comments:

Post a Comment