Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 219 (Empty Again) - My Poor Little Pup


Poor Sammy.  He's just not as young as he use to be!  Lately he's been having a hard time walking and sometimes he can't even stand up!  When he does manage to get his legs moving, he walks like a drunk.  And no, we do not feed him alcohol.

I just really needed to know from a professional what we should do, so today after work I took Sammy to the vet.  And now I know why he walks like a drunk...the poor little guy has some bulging discs in his spine which are causing his legs to go numb.  Basically, Sammy can't feel his legs at all.  But the vet said he is in no pain, and he is still very mentally alert.  And he is deaf - no wonder he doesn't look at me anymore when I call him!  Poor little pup.

So I guess we'll keep him going a bit longer.  The vet says we can try giving him cortisone shots to see if they will help but it's no guarantee.
Yes Sammy, I agree with you, it sucks getting old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment