Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 217 (Empty Again) - Can You Say 'How'?

Several years ago I started doing Arrow of Light ceremonies.  I dress up as an Indian, bring a fake campfire, and tell some type of an Indian story.  At the end of my story, I give to the boys being honored a small token to remind them of the story.

I am so lucky!  Our awesome friend, Holly Bell, and her husband are going on a mission soon to Czechoslovakia.  She also does Arrow of Light ceremonies so I asked her if I could borrow her Indian attire while she is gone (her's is way better than mine!).  She didn't even hesitate to say yes! :)

Tonight I felt profess!!  I got to honor two young men.  I told the story of the seven arrows and gave each of them a bag of polished rocks and gems...7 to be exact...each representing a color of the seven virtues connected to the Arrow of Light.  It turned out well except I forgot to include one part of the story...I don't think they even knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment