Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 204a (Empty Again) - My Green Thumb

My green thumb actually isn't on my own hand...it belongs to Scott!  But I totally consider him a part of me!  And good thing too!  If our yard and garden maintenance was left up to me, we would have a pretty ugly looking yard, and definitely not much but weeds in our garden!

Scott just has a knack with plants, probably because he enjoys the work!  You should have seen our front lawn!  The snow has finally melted but the lawn looked terrible!  It was all matted down from the weight of the snow and the parkway strip looked like it had some type of mold or fungus covering the top.  

Both Scott and I had the day off today, so while I was baking cakes in the kitchen, Scott set to work raking, mowing, and vacuuming the front lawn and parkway.  Yes, I said vacuuming.  He got out his trusty shop vac and literally vacuumed the scum off the top of the lawn.  Wow!  What a difference!  Our yard looks all manicured now.  

Yup, Scott certainly has a green thumb...and a sore back!  He said he needs to go back to work to get some rest!!

1 comment:

  1. Our lawn has that gross mold type fungus on it too. I need dad to come rake our lawn and make it look beautiful. We really just need to buy a rake so we can do it ourselves.

    ReplyDelete