Today's Blessing: USU Helps and Microsoft Translation! :)
When Jessica left on her mission back in February 2013, she gave me a detailed list of "Things to Do" to make sure she'd be ready to head back to college once she came back home.
Well, several weeks ago I took care of her housing - the first thing on the list - and I was feeling pretty good about myself, but last night when I pulled out her list I noticed something I hadn't remembered...it said specifically "February 2: check my email and change my USU password." Oh no!! How did I miss that?! Was February 2nd a magical date that the password had to be changed by or else?! So I quickly went online in hopes of redeeming myself only to find a message that said, "This account has been deactivated." 'Oh crap!' I thought, 'Jessica trusted me to be her registrar and now I've messed up already!!'
So as soon as I could this morning, I was on the phone to Utah State University hoping to get some help. I discovered I was all worried about nothing. True, her password was no longer good since they must be reset every year, but I was easily walked through the process of getting her a new password and then they offered me much appreciated information on getting her registered (apparently they could tell I needed the help!) They even told me how to get in to an online tutorial that shows step-by-step instructions on how to register. Thank you USU!! And since Jessica is enrolled in the Honors program, she gets the luxury of registering ahead of other Freshman...hopefully I'll be able to get her in the classes she gave me. So...should I stay up until midnight on April 9 just to be sure?
After calming my soul about the whole password and registration thing, I went into Jessica's email and Facebook and got things updated there. She had several friend requests of people in Argentina who she has mentioned in her letters so I "Confirmed" the friend requests and the next thing I know a little message pops up saying "Hola" from Eve. I wasn't quite sure if I should respond being that I wasn't Jessica and I probably know five words in Spanish, but thanks to Microsoft Translator, I had a small conversion with a beautiful lady in Argentina. (Hopefully the translation was accurate!) What an amazing world we live in!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment