Monday, March 10, 2014

Counting Blessings: Fish and Chips!

Today's Blessing:  Parchment Paper and Fish

Scott has a new favorite veggie!  It's baked onion rings.  Now I don't know if I'd really classify onion rings as a vegetable side dish, but Scott does!  He often asks me when I'm going to make some more of those yummy veggies.  What a guy!

Since Scott likes the baked onion rings so much (what he really likes is the onions!), I've been trying all sort of tricks to make this recipe work better for me.  The batter doesn't hardly stick to the onion rings and what does stick ends up running off the onion and sticking so bad to the baking pan that I have to chisel the rings off and the batter stays on the pan! :(

Well, tonight I discovered my onion ring blessing...parchment paper!  The batter still doesn't stick to the onion, but it puddles around the base of the onion and comes cleanly off the parchment paper like magic!  Why didn't I think of that sooner?!  Now we can enjoy a bit of batter with the onion!

So we finally got to grill up some fish that Tiffany and Jeremy gave us months ago!  We had fish and chips!  It was tasty! :)  Tiffany and Jeremy actually gave us a ton of fish!  This plateful is just one bag!  We have several more in the freezer!  Thank you Tiffany for sharing your bounty!




1 comment:

  1. I wonder if there is another batter out there you could try for the onion rings? I bet you could pinterest it and find tons of recipes and find the one that works the best for you.

    ReplyDelete