Thursday, March 13, 2014

Counting Blessings: Dinner at the Soup Kitchen

Today's Blessing:  A prepared dinner after a long day at work AND an important discovery

I had a long day at work today.  I started at 7:00 am and worked until 4:00 pm with just a half hour lunch fit in there.  That's 8 1/2 hours where I'm normally only suppose to work 6.  Then at 4:00, I had a Girl Scout parent meet me at the library to turn in cookie money.  No way was I going to hold onto $1,500 so I went to the bank and then I had to mail some packages for the library, and ya...I got home around 5:20.  But I did get to ride my bike home with Scott because he didn't get off work until 5:00 also!  I always like riding home with him! :)

You see it's getting close to our National Library Week celebration so much of my work time has been spent doing celebration planning and prep work.  In the meantime though, I've still got to get my normal work duties done.  There's just no way to fit both into my normal work day, so I plan to work longer and I keep track of all my comp time to use when things aren't so busy.

Of course it was dinner time when we got home so I started preparing dinner when Scott asked me if I had found the contact name for the soup kitchen because we were asked to head up the dinner there in two weeks.  Ugh!  I just haven't had time to think about that!  Well...Thursdays are the night for the soup kitchen so I suggested we run up there right then and talk to the head lady.  And we could eat dinner while there too!

That turned out to be a very good idea because when we got there, we found out it's not our ward's turn in two weeks!  Our turn is August 28!  I was rejoicing inside because I've been feeling really overloaded lately!  So we sat down and had an already prepared dinner of tacos, Spanish rice, and peaches.  It's not my most favorite meal options but hey...at least I didn't have to cook!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment