Monday, March 24, 2014

Counting Blessings: How to Get the Moon

Today's Blessing:  A Successful Story and Polished Rocks

My boss asked me several months ago if I would tell a story for her STEM program that has been going on this month.  STEM stands for Science/Technology/Engineering/Math so the program this time has been all about the moon and space.  I knew of the perfect story to tell, so for the past week I've been drilling into my head all the details to the story "Many Moons".

Tonight was the class, so this morning as Scott and I walked to work I told him the story...it was kind-of a "dress rehearsal".  That really helped a lot.  Scott gave me some pointers and built up my ego, and my moon story turned out awesome!  The kids were enthralled with the story and were even trying to solve the story's conflict before I could get to the end!  I must give credit to the Lord though...I asked him to help me remember the story (it was seven pages long!) and he came through for me again!  He never ceases to bless me!

Tomorrow I have an Arrow of Light ceremony and I haven't been able to focus on it at all because I've been busy with my moon story.  I like to give something to the boys that goes with my ceremony but what? I remembered Jeremy told me they have polished rocks at the Pilot store located just a mile away from me,so they were my blessing today too!  After work, I took a quick drive to Pilot, filled up a little bag and woolah!  My gift was ready!  A different colored stone for each of the seven virtues of the Arrow of Light.  I even have extras now in case I'm asked again.  Now I just have to find a story!  Hopefully that will be tomorrow's blessing because I'm way too tired tonight!


1 comment:

  1. I want to hear this story. You should tell it to Jonas, although it it's too long he might lose interest. Either way, I want to hear it.

    ReplyDelete