Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Counting Blessings: A Great Start to the Day!

Today's Blessing:  Welcome Back!

The Brigham City Temple reopened yesterday!  YAY!!  So this morning I walked to work with Scott but when we reached the temple I bidded him goodbye and wished him a good day and he continued on to work and I went to the temple.
It's pretty dark at 6:55 am!!
The lighthouse of the Lord!
I knew I couldn't make it for the first session, so I just planned to do initiatory which I'm really beginning to love!  Since an endowment session had just begun, the rest of the temple was still and quiet.  Initiatory was empty so I walked right in and was back out in 35 minutes.  Wow!  That was fast!  And all the initiatory ordinance workers thank me over and over for coming.  (they probably do that to everyone, but it makes me feel good that I came.)

It was a great start to my day off work!  And what was cool was as I approached the front doors of the temple and started to reach out for the handle, they automatically opened!  How cool!!  Automatic openers must have been installed while the temple was closed these past two weeks!  It felt like an invisible being opened the doors for me and was saying "Welcome Back".

It was a welcome back too!  I didn't realize how much I missed and NEED going to the temple...and it was only closed two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. only 35 minutes? Wow, it takes forever to get into initiatories at the oquirrh mtn temple.

    ReplyDelete