Thursday, March 20, 2014

Counting Blessings: They Walked, and Walked, and Walked!

Today's Blessing:  The Strength to Walk with Dinner Provided!! :)

Soooo...last Thursday my post was about eating at the Soup Kitchen and discovering we weren't scheduled to do the dinner on March 27.  Well...Scott and I were told last Sunday that we are scheduled again!  What a mess!  Oh well, Scott and I had the menu planned and it just involved getting a hold of the Soup Kitchen coordinator which was hard since she lost her cell phone for several days!  But finally Scott was able to talk with her and tonight we firmed up the menu...and ate dinner too!  Woohoo!  No cooking again!  We had pulled pork sandwiches which were delicious!
Scott and I decided to be a bit crazy today...we walked...about 6.5 miles together! First we walked to work together.  After work (I worked another long day!) we walked to the Soup Kitchen.  After eating dinner there, we walked to the High School for the caucus meeting, and then finally walked back home.  That was a lot of walking!!  What were we thinking?!   And I have no idea how many miles Scott walked while working - probably 8-9!  Sorry kids, your parents are going senile early!

No comments:

Post a Comment